Owner of Vegas hotel rejects police timeline of mass shooting

By Leo Hohmann

Las Vegas strip shooting after a gunman opens fire near Mandalay Bay casino, Oct 1, 2017.

Las Vegas strip shooting after a gunman opens fire near Mandalay Bay casino, Oct 1, 2017.

MGM Resorts, the company that owns the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino where 58 people were killed and nearly 500 injured at a country music concert nearly two weeks ago, issued a statement Thursday afternoon discounting the new timeline of the shooting spree given by police earlier this week.

MGM says time police are reporting Stephen Paddock shot security guard Jesus Campos is “not accurate” and indicated that it believes the mass shooting started earlier.

“Although we prefer not to comment on the details of the investigation, we are issuing this statement to correct some of the misinformation that has been reported,” said the statement emailed to the Las Vegas Journal Review.

Lombardo said in a Monday press conference that the Mandalay Bay security guard Jesus Campos was shot at 9:59 p.m., about six minutes before a gunman turned his weapons on the Route 91 Harvest festival crowd, killing 58 and leaving nearly 500 wounded.

“The 9:59 p.m. PDT time was derived from a Mandalay Bay report manually created after the fact without the benefit of information we now have,” the statement continued. “We are now confident …read more

Source:: World Net Daily